The Hyde Park Library is celebrating National Poetry Month with a series of poetry related events. Poetry workshops, live music, stop-motion video — there’s something for everyone!
APRIL POETRY EVENTS:
- SAT, April 18th ~ “Singers / Songwriters Dave Kearney & Don Sparks In Concert” @8PM. Pull up a chair, sit back, and enjoy the poetry and instrumentation of two highly talented folk performers. Suggested Donation: $10.
- THURS, April 23rd ~ “An Evening of Poetry” @7PM. Scheduled to include Raphael Kosek, Lyn Burnstine & Joshua Camp Brown. Come by and enjoy a night of great poetry!
- RESCHEDULED, SUMMER DATE: TBD ~ “Poetry In Motion”. Workshop for Grades 6+. Focus on stop-motion animation to create animated video poems. For more information, call: 485-4480 OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SUN, April 26th ~ “My Favorite Poem” @2PM. Share a favorite poem of yours, listen to the favorite poetry of others & hear some original poems by members of our Writer’s Group! Fun is sure to be had!
- MON, April 27th ~ “Writers’ Group: Poetry & Shorter Prose” @6:30PM. Call ahead to inquire about openings: 845-229-7791 Ext. 205. Fresh faces welcome!
Saturday, April 18th @8:00PM
Singer/Songwriters Dave Kearney & Don Sparks!
Sunday, April 19th @2:00PM
Matt Daniel Band In Concert: Piano Styling from Ragtime to Rock!
(All Concerts are Held in the Library Annex Unless Otherwise Noted.)
Photography of Ernie Mortuzans
Photography of the Con Edison ‘Waterside Steam Generating Plant’ of Manhattan & the ‘Coal Hole Covers’ of Brooklyn, NY. On display in the Library Annex for the month of April.
“I have a card — NOW WHAT?!”
Don’t worry, we were all there once…
Learn how to make a PIN and set up your online account, use the online catalog, request items, freeze requests, cancel requests, renew items, pay fines online, get eBooks through the library from Overdrive, and much, much more! Just click here.
NEED TAX FORMS?
Find your form online & either request it to be sent to you by mail, or print it at the library at a reduced rate of $0.10 per page! Forms can also be ordered by phone at the numbers listed below.
Tax Help: 1-800-829-1040
Tax Help: 1-518-457-5181
1099 General Info: 1-518-457-5181
MONTHLY “JOB READY” SESSIONS NOW OFFERED — OPEN TO ALL.
The Hyde Park Library, in cooperation with Dutchess One Stop, is proud to offer a FREE career consulting service! Get help with:
- Job search assistance
- Resume building tips
- Interviewing skills
- Job referrals
Sessions are 30 minutes each at the Hyde Park Library. To schedule an appointment email or call Dutchess One Stop Field Coordinator Meghan Heady-Amara at:
To facilitate the process, please include your name/phone/desired appointment date & time in your email.
The Hyde Park Free Library is proud to announce its participation — in partnership with the Hyde Park Rotary — in the “Little Free Library” initiative!
WHAT IS A LITTLE FREE LIBRARY?
It’s a cooperative “take a book, return a book” community gathering place where neighbors freely share their favorite literature and stories.
Hyde Park’s “Little Free Library” is located in the Stop & Shop Plaza in the Hyde Park Mall where anyone may stop by, peruse our selection, and pick up a book (or two).
Once you’ve had a chance to enjoy your read simply return at your leisure and donate another gently used book that you’d like to share.