Saturday, August 1st @7:30pm
CONCERT: JAMES KRUEGER
Sunday, August 16th @2:00pm
CONCERT: DENISE JORDAN FINLEY & BARBARA MARTIN
Sunday, August 30th @1:30pm
OPEN MIC: With Featured Act DORRAINE SCOFIELD
*All Concerts are Held in the Library Annex
Unless Otherwise Noted.
Find your summer reading treasure at our summer book sale! Sponsored, organized and carried out by our incredible ‘Friends’ of the Library, there are sure to be a wide variety of titles, from many authors covering many subjects. You never know quite what treasures you might find!
Times: August 8th 9am-4pm / August 9th 11am-3pm
Check our calendar for the latest and ‘up-to-datest’ times for our upcoming Films. Films are screened in the Library Annex. All films are absolutely free!
CURRENT FILM SERIES / UPCOMING FILMS:
“Foreign Film Wednesdays” ~ Wednesdays @6:45pm
- 8/5 ~ “The Band’s Visit” (Israel, 2007). Dir: Eran Kolirin.
- 8/12 ~ “The Black Book” (France, 2006). With Sebastian Koch. Dir: Sebastian Koch.
- 8/19 ~ “The Dreamlife of Angels” (France, 1998), With Elodie Bouchez, Natacha Regnier. Dir: Erick Zoncka.
“Friday Night Film Fest: Robin Williams — Seriously.” ~ Fridays @6:45pm
- 8/14 ~ “Being Human” (1994), With John Turturro & Bill Nighy. Dir: Bill Forsyth.
- 8/21 ~ “The Birdcage” (1996), With Nathan Lane, Gene Hackman & Dianne Wiest. Dir: Mike Nichols.
- 8/28 ~ “Good Will Hunting” (1997), With Matt Damon, Ben Affleck & Minnie Driver. Dir: Gus Van Sant.
Elizabeth St. Leger, a local Hudson Valley Artist, has been painting for over 25 years. Her work is inspired by the beauty of the Hudson Valley, love of romantic landscapes and her travels through the United States and Europe. Elizabeth holds a Masters in Art in Printmaking and Bachelors in Art Education from SUNY New Paltz, has studied at the College of Arts and Crafts of California, the Barrett Art Center and The Garrison Art Center and has been a student of Keith Gunderson and Carolyn Hutchings Edlund. Elizabeth taught art in public education for 19 years. She has been involved with creating art for public projects in Hudson, New York including work with “Art for Animals” the ”Walkway Over the Hudson” quadricentennial celebration and most recently “Leaf a Legacy” for Abilities First Inc. She is involved with “Northern Dutchess, Art Studio Views” and “Art Along the Hudson”. She is also Vice President and Gallery Curator of the “Artists‘ Collective of Hyde Park.” Her paintings can be seen at Briggs Mountain Gallery, St. Leger’s Riverview Art Gallery, and the Artists’ Collective of Hyde Park — and now, the Hyde Park Free Library! Contact her @ email@example.com
Every Hero Has A Story! @Hyde Park Library’s Summer Reading Program! (6/29 – 7/31)
- Mondays @9:30am – Wee Rock! activity time: Rhythm, rhyme and active time. (Wee ones through 36 months)
- Mondays @10:30am – Daring Doers story time: Heroes are everywhere! What’s their story? (PreK-Completed K)
- Tuesdays @1:00pm – Bam! Pow! Readers story time: All about heroes real and not so real!! (Completed Grade 1 and up)
- Wednesdays July 15th & 29th @1:00pm – Walk-In Wednesdays activity-time: Bring a friend-Create with Legos, play board games, or make a themed craft to take home. (All ages: Caregiver to accompany children 8 and under, please)
- Thursdays @1:00pm – Heroic Kids from History Book Club: Jackie, James, Charlie, Sybil, Mattie, Abbie – Who are these kids? Find out! (For completed Grades 3-5)
- Thursdays @7:00pm – Teen Battle of the Books Book Club: Join our band of heroes as we prepare to compete in the regional Battle of the Books, held annually. (Teens Grades 6-9)
- Wednesday, July 8th @1:00pm – Superheroes of Science: Dirtmeister Steve Tomecek and the great discoveries of Ike, Al, Marie, Nick, and the Big G. (All ages)
- Thursday, July 16th @6:00pm – Stop-Motion Animation: With Spark Media Project. (Grades 6 and up)
- Tuesday, July 21st @6:30pm – Unmask Your Creativity: With Lorraine Hartin-Gelardi. (Grades 6 and up)
- Wednesday July 22nd @1:00pm – The Super Duper Comedy and Magic of Bee Bee the Clown! (All ages)
- Tuesday August 4th @7:00pm – Super Heroes and Super Sundaes (on the annex lawn). Come dressed as your favorite super hero!
Contact Childrens Library Coordinator ‘Mrs. B’
for more info at 845-229-7791 Ext. 203
MONTHLY “JOB READY” SESSIONS NOW OFFERED — OPEN TO ALL.
The Hyde Park Library, in cooperation with Dutchess One Stop, is proud to offer a FREE career consulting service! Get help with:
- Job search assistance
- Resume building tips
- Interviewing skills
- Job referrals
Sessions are 30 minutes each at the Hyde Park Library. To schedule an appointment email or call Dutchess One Stop Field Coordinator Meghan Lambert, Sr. Career Counselor at :
To facilitate the process, please include your name/phone/desired appointment date & time in your email.
“I have a card — NOW WHAT?!”
Don’t worry, we were all there once…
Learn how to make a PIN and set up your online account, use the online catalog, request items, freeze requests, cancel requests, renew items, pay fines online, get eBooks through the library from Overdrive, and much, much more! Just click here.